About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Coming out of the wilderness

As in Mark & Peter. As in that is where they have been this week. In the wilderness of the Boundary Waters area, way up north in Minnesota. I trust they're having a good time. Mark has been planning for this for MONTHS! It's all part of a "graduation" of sorts for the 8th grade boys who have been in Cadets since they were in 5th grade. They're putting their skills to the test.

Not only was this a challenge for Mark (who knows how many mosquito bites he's gotten by now), it has been a challenge for me--this is the longest he & I have gone with zero contact, probably since we've met 23 years ago. So I'm happy to say that I survived, and that the week went surprisingly swiftly. On the other hand, it will be so sweet to wake up with him next to me again in the morning!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Glad their home safe and sound and you're all together!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I have always wanted to do a Boundary Waters trip! Maybe he can "guest blog" for you and tell us about his trip. :-)