About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Of school, early mornings and blogging

Peter ready for 8th grade...


Leah headed into 5th grade...(who let my baby get so big?!?)

School is underway--day three for Peter & Leah is today. Hannah, on the other hand, won't start until next Monday. So the "routine" is coming back--as are the early mornings. I'm yawning and stretching my way through, and inwardly whining the whole way, but if I don't get up before the kids--way before, disaster encroaches. So the motherly sacrifice is that it is before 7 right now, and I'm out of bed...blogging?!? The coffee is good.


The first day of school was, um, bumpy, but we got through it. The second day went much better. Here's hoping for the third...

Before I get the kids out of bed, I need to welcome my friend Janelle to blogland. She is an encouragement to me with her love of our savior and music all wrapped up in a smiling package. But still she's real, and often challenges me to press on. Her sense of humor, well, I'll let you decide for yourself, but I certainly appreciate it! Welcome aboard, Janelle!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Great pics! Peter looks thrilled to be taking the annual 1st day of school picture! Thanks for the heads up on Janelle's blog!

janelle said...

Okay, so since I am just catching up on blogs I am just now realizing that you gave me an official welcome to blogville or land or something! Thanks - and thanks for the nice words and stuff too. I love that we have all this techy stuff to keep us connected!