About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm a fan of Michael's mom...

Yeah, after watching a couple of interviews with her, and seeing how she handles being the mom of an ADHD kid, I'm a fan of Debbie Phelps. I tried to write to her, but imagine that my note will end up in her junk pile...oh well. What an inspiration she is to those of us who are blessed to be trusted with ADHD children. (Okay, so I don't ALWAYS see it as a blessing, but...) I can tell that some days when Michael was younger, she must have felt like she was his only cheerleader, I feel like that some days. ADHD doesn't mean "A Devastating, Huge Disaster"--thanks, Mrs. Phelps, for reminding me of that, AGAIN.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I just found out that he had ADHD - what an inspiration! I found out she has a facebook to encourage moms - http://www.facebook.com/ADHDMoms
I didn't get a chance to read it but I found it and bookmarked it!