About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, June 29, 2007

It bears repeating

Over and over and over again...

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.” (Psalm 138:8)

I am the work of his hands! I am part of his creation, he will fulfill his purpose for me, even on the days when I don't trust him enough to know what he's doing. As a parent of teens and almost teens, I have that feeling a lot, questioning why God put these lives in my care. But then I'm reminded from a devotional calendar that I don't always keep up-to-date to
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)
We can be the mothers our children need because each of us is divinely chosen to be the mother of each child under our care. Don't doubt it. He knows what he is doing. And aren't we glad!
(Mom's Devotional Bible Calendar by Elisa Morgan c 1996 by Zondervan)

I am glad. Especially on the days when it is hard to trust, that there is a peace that resonates within my soul testifying to this truth.

No comments: