About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Verse of the Day

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
Some days this feature of my blog hits me square between the eyes. Today is one of those days, this coupled with the sermon Aaron preached (follow link for Bridge) today makes me realize that I'm too cocky in my faith. As much as I would like to believe that who God is and what God does depends on me and how I believe in Him, that is just not the case! God is God, and that is that. I don't have to know more than He gives me to know for the moment.
Like Mark Shultz said last night at his concert, "If you're going through a spiritual desert, wait and see, God has something GREAT planned for you." He's right, it's all in the Bible, and like Mark said, "some dudes have experienced this, like say, Jesus...and Moses..."
So I'm hanging in there, and relying on the Lord's strength for my day-to-day trials and the jabs the evil one throws at me.

No comments: