About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, July 2, 2007

Such deep sadness

Oh, what an ache this mommy feels, my baby is so sad and I can do nothing to help her!
It's been four years ago now that her best friend moved away, she sees her still occasionally, but last night her little heart was just breaking over it. I understood her completely, because this friends mom is also one of my dear friends whom I miss greatly as well. Leah's sobs just kept coming in waves, and all I could do was hold her. I encouraged her to pray, which she started, but then broke apart again saying "I just can't!" I got that part, too. So I was able to assure her again from scripture that God through the Holy Spirit hears our prayers that we can't even utter--Romans 8:26-28 (NIrV):
26 In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us when we are weak. We don't know what we should pray for. But the Spirit himself prays for us. He prays with groans too deep for words. 27 God, who looks into our hearts, knows the mind of the Spirit. And the Spirit prays for God's people just as God wants him to pray. 28 We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. He appointed them to be saved in keeping with his purpose.
So I went to bed with a heavy heart for my girl last night, and I left her writing another letter to her friend about wishing they could move back to town. And I'm afraid that even though I would also be delighted for that to happen, it will not, and sometime in the future I'll again be holding an inconsolable little girl who doesn't understand why God lets things like this happen to her.
What comfort the Bible has for me though, this passage was pointed out to me again recently:

3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.


Psalm 130, Praise God!

No comments: