About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

25 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the
earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see
God;
27 I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my
heart yearns within me!

from Job 19:25-27

and Habakkuk 3:17-19:

17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though
the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep
in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the
LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.


These are two of my favorite
passages along with Lamentations 3:19-24, but the whole chapter is my heart,

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

Many of these passages have been set to music and have become
cherished hymns of the faith--although I've yet to see that done to the Habakkuk
chapter!

Anyway, I have a lot to pray about this week, I've been asked to
be on team for fall Cursillo as an auxiliary.

No comments: