About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Early in the morning...

It's early, and I've been up for a while. Never mind that I didn't get much sleep last night, I had to be up.
Breakfast pizza is bubbling away in the oven. When it's ready, I'll package it up in aluminum foil and bring it away to my daughter's Drill Team practice because it is my turn to supply breakfast.

But that's not why I'm writing this. I'm writing to challenge myself. To challenge myself to get out of bed. Early. Because after I'm up, I like it. I like the peace. The solitude for half an hour after Mark has left for work and before Peter & Leah are awake. (Three mornings a week, Hannah is already up & out the door by now.) I have time to have a cup of coffee. And think. And pray. And be grateful.

So even though it is very hard for me to get out of bed early (I typically press my "snooze" button numerous times...), I am going to try.

Because it is good for my soul.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

janelle said...

Oooo, I like it!

janelle said...

Oooo, I like it!

janelle said...

Oops, I guess I really like it!