About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prayer--to do list or habit?

Last night, at the Unity Mother-Daughter banquet, I was challenged to think about my prayer life. Honestly, I do a LOT of chatting with my friend Jesus throughout the day, but I'm not very good at being still before God. I've been thinking about the words shared from Psalm 131:2 ever since. In spite of the hassles around me, I can rest securely in my Abba's lap, cradled in His arms, and know that everything will be all right. That's contentment, that's what I want.

3 comments:

janelle said...

I have challenged myself to just sit and be quiet - no music, no tv, no coffee pot, no washer or dryer...just sit and be with God. Listening.

Miriam said...

Thanks, Janelle, you've challenged me, too!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Whoa. That verse is convicting.

God has been working that one out in me, too. :-)