About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A little jealous...

Yeah, you read that right, I'm a little jealous. Of my daughter. As I sit here, I'm thinking about Hannah who is anticipating a youth trip to Anchorage, Alaska with Rise on the Road later on this summer. Yes, I have been to Alaska before, but not in this capacity.
I'm also jealous of my friend Janelle, who recently returned from a "mission" trip to Tijuana.
I'm even jealous of my friend Jennifer, who went on an Urban Plunge in Omaha!
I mentioned to my pastor once not long ago that I want to go to Africa to visit an orphanage that is blessing our church--yes, you read that right, an orphanage in Africa is blessing my church in Iowa.
So there you have it, I want to go on a trip--but not on a trip for my relaxation, I want to go on a trip to gain perspective.

2 comments:

janelle said...

Miriam, I honestly never thought that I would have gone to Mexico - but God had different plans. Pray...(I know, right?)...but ask God if that's where he wants you and if it is, then ask him to make it happen.

I'll tell you about God's provision for our mission trip some time when we can talk in person.

On the other hand, maybe your church or a group from Sioux Center can get a plan together to take the "Plunge" in Omaha - there are opprotunities all around; I just needed something like Omaha and Tijuana to make me realize I don't even need to leave my town to make a difference.

Achh, I'm rambling. I will pray that God brings you to Africa!

Steph said...

I know how you feel -- I need to get out of my safety box.