About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Work, day one

I guess the title should really be home alone, day one, but whatever...
The kids being "officially" home alone for their first day wasn't perfect, but it wasn't the worst it could've been either (i.e. the house did NOT burn down!) Yes, I blew a small gasket when I got home to a sticky floor, a somewhat unauthorized lemonade stand, and another unauthorized baking project...sigh...overall things went well. Dinner was a success and not burnt. :-) A few cleaning projects were completed, and I was able to get things set to rights fairly quickly.
Mark had an enjoyable day of filling out TONS of paperwork--ha, ha. I think he's pretty pooped and overwhelmed over it all, but he'll be fine.
So that's the news, or lack of it, from our neck of the woods, now you know.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ambitious, entrepreneurs you have!

Anonymous said...

My instruction was "if the house is all clean when I get home from work we will go shopping". It worked!!!!!

Carey said...

Hang in there! Sounds like they did pretty good.