About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, May 30, 2008

This waiting stuff

You know, I cannot imagine the faith struggle that Abraham, Jonah, Moses, Paul or any of the other "heroes of the faith" as we've come to admire them for being went through! This waiting for the Lord's direction and moving and leading is H-A-R-D!
As readers of the Bible, we have the luxury of knowing the "end" of the story for those who had to do the waiting, but I'm guessing the waiting part for them was KILLER! No wonder Abraham took matters into his own hands to get an heir--through Sarah's prompting... She was tired of waiting, too! Ugh! I'm tempted to probably go ahead of God and take matters into my own hands.
You name the Bible character that you admire, then THINK about the time they had to wait and think about how they must have really FELT being in that situation!
I know God has all things working together for good, but the waiting...the waiting is hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

In my previous comment, I am NOT saying I want you to relocate but the operative word is "willing". I was not willing until push came to shove. We really do like how God led us to Wichita and still supplies our need (sometimes wants). God IS in control of all things!!!!

Anonymous said...

From my friend Aaron:

Hey Miriam,



Good thoughts. It is the waiting that is hard. Sometimes I’m afraid that we feel like it is the outcome that matters—that that is where God truly shapes us. The reality is I am beginning to learn that the vast majority of his shaping us comes in the waiting, not the outcome. Translation: the end doesn’t justify the means; rather the means may very well be the end. Maybe all of God’s purpose in this is what is transpiring right now in driving you to trust him even deeper? Maybe he will refine more in you during this waiting period than he will through any job that might come out of it? Our results-oriented culture might be rushing you and Mark to want to run ahead of God, but I can’t encourage you enough . . . Don’t do it! Enjoy (I know that sounds strange) this time. Who knows, if your parallels with Biblical characters are right, the amount of blessing they received and were part of ushering in after their time in the desert were of proportions only capable of the One who holds us!

Anonymous said...

the deleted comment--I misunderstood it...

Yes, Abraham (& Sarah) had to wait on the Lord. One must also remember that he and his were willing to follow the Lord's calling for him (them) to change countries. This is very hard to realize but remember we had to do this - be willing to encounter a change of country - if God lead us to that extent. All this is not easy, believe me. Praying for you,
Mom