About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nothing profound, just stuff

Well, another day has gone by, and next week Monday marks the one month anniversary of unemployment. Like the kids said at supper tonight, it seems like it's been longer than that. I guess it's because we're all more aware of our circumstances. Perhaps its because we are spending much more time wondering what is next. Perhaps it is because I'm spending more time in prayer. Which isn't bad, of course! I guess waiting for anything makes the time seem longer, then when what we're waiting for finally comes we wonder why we thought the waiting was so long and so bad.
Now I just had a thought...is that what I'm going to feel like when I get to heaven? That all the waiting and wondering when it would come and believing that it might never come will all seem so silly, and the time spent waiting really was no time at all? I think it might just be that way! After all, our time here on earth is a waiting time for paradise...for those who call on the name of the Lord as savior, like I do...

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, that is a cool thought... but waiting is hard, I just continue to pray for you!

Carey said...

I've been tagged, now you are too! Check out the blog and you'll see.

BTW, I think that's pretty profound...