About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Being Gripped

I was just thinking about the title of my blog, "In His Grip."
What a comfort those words are to me! To know that nothing that happens to me is unknown to my heavenly father. To know that nothing that happens to me is without a purpose for my own good. To know that I can do nothing to wriggle out of his grasp. To know that I can question with confidence and know that though my world seems shaken Jesus will never let me go.
I am not my own, but belong, body and soul, in life and in death to my faithful savior Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my father in heaven. In fact, all things work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to him, Christ by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.
God is good--all the time.

1 comment:

Steph said...

God's promises are so good! What a wonderful reassuring gift for this season!