About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Third question...

No life is without heartache, and I know yours is no exception, do you have any plans to write a story incorporating your own life experience?
No. Honestly, I don’t think my own story is very interesting or unique. I’m afraid that if I tried to write about it I would downplay everything in the fear that people would misinterpret the story and assume I’m glorifying myself. Or, I’d exaggerate everything, trying to make the story appear more glamorous, more interesting than it actually is. I have no desire to write an autobiography or even a fictional story that is loosely based on my own life.
I do, however, admire people who are courageous enough to write about themselves. I’ve even heard recently about “spiritual autobiographies,” works of non-fiction that chronicle a person’s spiritual journey. I think that takes a level of bravery that I just don’t have.
Mostly, I guess I want my life to be between my family, my friends, and me. Being a pastor’s family already places us firmly in a fishbowl--I don’t need to write about us to aggravate that situation!

No comments: