About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Slaving Away

Here I sit, slaving away next to a hot oven--I love modern technology, when I can turn a few dials and voila, my oven is getting a cleaning! Of course I do have to deal with the stink of burning debris and the heat that is being given off, but overall I figure its a pretty good trade, since my oven would probably NEVER get cleaned if I had to do it manually! As the magnet I keep on it says, "Nobody ever died of oven crud!"

On to a bunny update...yesterday we took Dandelion to the vet for a little, ahem, "surgery." Now he's sporting a lovely collar which makes him resemble a bunny lamp or some alien receptor, but it's all for his little bunny good. Hate to have any bunny paternity suits on our hands! I hear those can get ugly! Hee-Hee!

Another random thought, last week Mark & I were privileged to attend a book debut party for author Nicole Baart. (Have you read it yet? Better go get a copy and get to it!) As an author, Nicole is gifted for using just the right word to capture a feeling and get you inside the head of a soon to be adult who's had a tumultuous adolescence. Adolescence is rocky enough without the added stress of the death of your father in the middle of it and the abandonment of your mother in early childhood. The title is After the Leaves Fall and is published by Tyndale. Ask for it at a bookseller near you!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Do you get good tv reception with your bunny? Too cute! And yes, I second on Nicole's book...very good!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Are we to be impressed with the oven getting clean? the heat it produces? the rabbit and "its" pain(s)? or reading a good book (which I still have to read)?
Mom