About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Being Honored by God

James 4:10 – “When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.”


Isn't that an awesome promise? Honestly, I don't know what being honored by God would look like, but I don't think it necessarily has anything in common with what people might consider honor. God's definitions and ours are too often polar opposites, aren't they? But I do cling to this promise, and I do admit my complete dependence on him, and realize that when I try to take matters into my own hands I mess them up beyond all recognition.
God is good, and for whatever reason, he is good to me.
Here's the same passage from The Message:

James 4:7-10So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.

Wow. Right where God wants me is at his feet, I can handle that, I really can.

1 comment:

Steph said...

What an awesome promise - it's so easy to forget when we become overwhelmed! Thanks for the reminder!