About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sigh

I think of all the things I like the least, a child's funeral has to be at the top of the list (or the bottom, depending on how you look at it). I'd rather have dental work done than have to attend such a sad event. But I can say, that even though we went to the funeral of the child of dear friends of ours, I would not have wanted to be anywhere else today. Ravyn Elaine Hoekstra was laid to rest in Pella, IA. She is survived by her loving parents, Ryan and Kim, an older sister, Nia, and her twin brother, Ryley age 4 months. Ravyn weighed only 2 pounds 12 ounces when she was born, and lived only 4 months and 8 days, but her short life impacted so many for her Creator, in Whose Loving Arms she now rests.
For the complete story, see the CaringBridge website at http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=ryleyandravyn. Praising the Savior for what He worked through this wordless one. Thank you for Ravyn, Jesus, we know she's healed, whole and shining for you.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Lifting them up in prayer, and you as well...