About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day



Yesterday I drove across the state of Iowa and back. All along the way, in each little town were cemeteries. Not something I usually take note of, however they all caught my eye (I wish I'd taken along my camera) because of Memorial Day. Each cemetery, usually a place of grey and green, was resplendent with color. Each grave carefully and lovingly decorated. Some graveyards were lined with flags, honoring the fallen soldiers who have made and defended our country.
It made me think of my heritage, and those who have gone before me. My uncles who fought in WWII or Korea, my father-in-law, also a Korean Vet.
I also thought of those still living. My friends who have been to Iraq and back and live on with their memories of what they saw there.
Counting the cost of freedom today. Praying for our country. Praying for our leaders.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

We went to a small-town Memorial Day celebration in Minnesota, and it was so meaningful. I'm glad we continue to remember ...