About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Swagbucks--why not...

Search & Win


So I've started using a new search engine...Swagbucks. So far haven't gotten any reward, but have started "racking up" points to retrieve something in the future.  Who knows. Click the above link to get yourself started.

This morning I was reminded of high school.  Maybe it's because my daughter becomes a Senior next year, maybe it's because the word "success" triggered a long-lost memory of mine.  I think that's more it.

You see, 25 years ago, as a high school senior class, mine voted me to be "most likely to succeed." This morning's sermon was about what true success is. Twenty-five years ago, I thought I had plans. I intended to go to either KU or K-State (I can't even remember which one...) towards a degree in interior design.  I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  My class picked me as the one to succeed based on that plan.

But I didn't go to the state university. I don't even know if I applied.  I did go to Dordt College, and began my career there as an education major.  I lasted 1/2 a semester in that track. Then I floundered around for a while, finally settling on English literature. I thought I would become an editor in New York City.  I never made that either, haven't come anywhere near the city. To this day, I would still like to go visit there, maybe.

True success. Have I reached it? No. Not by the world's standards. I am secure in my salvation, and one day I will succeed in making it to heaven. But here on earth, am I a success for him? I try to be, but I fail a lot.

What's your success story?
Bookmark and Share

No comments: