About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Half-way already

It is rather hard to believe that we're already half-way through February.  And since this winter has been a cold and very snowy one, this does make me hopeful for spring.  My mom saw a robin in Kansas...which made me go out and hunt for one of my own to see, but to no avail, they know better so far. 

Not much has transpired since the new year, things have settled down a bit, since the drill team season has wrapped up for another year. This week marks the beginning of track practice for Peter, which means baseball is right around the corner--another sign of spring! Yippee!

Mark and I are in the middle of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. It has been both encouraging and disheartening, but has given us tools and the willpower to make our financial picture work...but it won't be easy.

Hannah and Michael are still dating, and we are enjoying their friendship develop.

I leave you with a photo of a print I asked a friend to draw from a stack of older photos. It's a representation of the store my grandparents owned and operated, and the home I have many memories of visiting as a child. In all actuality, I never saw it in this state, but honoring my dad's and his siblings' memories of their childhood home has brought me a lot of pleasure.




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Good to catch up on your life a bit. ... We participated in Dave Ramsey last fall. Yea -- I can relate to your description of it being both encouraging and disheartening.

That drawing is very nice.

Cindy said...

Good to hear from you friend, Thanks for sharing in my day today. Miss you and I too can relate to the encouraging and disheartening we too took it last spring.
Love the picture wow that is awesome to share in a memory today of yesteryear.
Miss ya
love
cindy