About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is Christmas "Over?"

Really, is Christmas "over" at your house? I find myself in the unusal position of not being ready to take down the decorations just yet. I'm NOT sick of Christmas! And I haven't felt that way for a LONG time! Usually the day after December 25, I stop turning on the lights faithfully, stare at the empty tree skirt and start planning when I'll have time to tuck it all away again until it's time to haul it all out again next year (yes, there's a lot of negative tone associated with those words, decorating for Christmas is something of a chore, as can be "Christmas" itself, if we buy into the world's way of observance). So I can say that for me,--having been forced into a simple holiday due to our tight circumstances--for this year, Christmas isn't "over." And to tell you the truth, I'm glad. Because when you really think about it, do any of us want Christmas to be truly over?

Looking forward to Easter! And I'll let you know when the decorations come down, when that happens, I'll be keeping Christmas in my heart.  Join me.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: