About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hypocrite

So lately I've been accused of being hypocritical. By a someone close to me. And I admit, I have to agree.

If you're calling me and I sound like all is fine and dandy, chances are I've just been screeching at one of my children over something or other. Or if you come to my door, it just might be that you can still hear the reverberations of some yelling that has been going on. Not always, but it does happen.

So am I a hypocrite? Do I act like all is perfectly fine in my world when it in all actuality is not? Probably in most cases, depending on who you are. Does that mean that I think that you actually believe that all is well, and I have it all together? I certainly hope you do not! Is all really well in your world? Then why would you expect that it is in mine?

Should we all keep perpetuating these facades? What needs to change? Well, the change that I am working on is the behind the scenes stuff, the every day, day-to-day daily grind where tempers get short and feelings get hurt and disobedience and disrespect happen. I'm working on making how I react to situations different. Is that easily done? Would it be for you?

Sometimes life is ugly. Sometimes I act ugly. What do you do? Is your life perfect?

3 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Oh girl, this soooo resonates with me. And I have the same questions that you do. I just wrote this paragraph to a friend of mine yesterday:

"How many times have I been scolding my kids, and gritting my teeth while giving my kids the Angry-Mom scary look. And then the phone rings, and Scary Mom disappears. Make room for Cheerful Christian! I pick up the phone and offer the sweetest “Hello?” to the person on the other end. -sigh- In that sense, I am guilty as charged."

I think this is something that many of us deal with -- if we're being completely honest. And I believe that part of sanctification is recognizing where we fall short, and working on those areas day to day in the stength of the Holy Spirit.

Does that make you and I hypocrites? I don't know. I think it makes us more apt to lean on a Savior who we simply could not do without.

As God's Word says:
No one is without sin
No, not one.

Praise God that we imperfect Mamas can cling to a perfect God. And how cool is it that he sees our imperfect hearts and loves us anyone.

Blows me away.
Every.
Time.

Keep at it, girl. Even in the ugliness, you're still His beauty.

Steph said...

Wow! what a post - what a call to be real! Does it hit me between the eyes -yes it sure does. Ouch -I needed this today - Thanks

janelle said...

Of course my life is perfect - HYPOCRITE THAT I AM!

The things you point out resonate with me as well; however, I wonder what other areas of hypocrisy God would bring to the surface if I would pray and ask him to confront me with; more than my feeble mind and heart could handle I'm sure...