About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just musing around on a lovely Saturday morning

What a beautiful day! I was outside first thing this morning (the dog must be let out) and the air felt so vibrant! All the colors seemed to leap into my eyes, and rather than squinting, I was forced to keep them wide open to take it all in. Yes, the wind is blowing (I do live in Iowa, after all), but it is still such a beautiful day to be. Just be.



Have I posted pictures of our sweet dog? I don't think so! He has nuzzled his way into our hearts, and just loves our company, yet is content to hang out in his kennel when we're not here. He will be spoiled over the summer, as most of his daytime will be spent roaming around the house, rather than his kennel. The kids love him! And, get this, in Thursday's mail, Mark received a package from the humane society--inside was a T-shirt declaring that he is a member of the "Black Pet Club." On the back it lists 10 reasons why you should own a black pet--the last one is that for no good reason, more black pets are euthanized each year than any other color. I did not know that, did you? So if you're the owner of a black pet like I am, be proud that you are saving a life!





So now that it is nearly June, and I wasn't finished with April yet, I'm wishing you an awesome summer, and am hopeful for the same for our family. In the fall, Peter will be adjusting to high school, Hannah will be a Junior (which for some reason, sounds a LOT older than Sophomore--plus she'll be allowed to be driving solo, which will be something of a blessing when she can take a vehicle and go where she needs to go rather than being brought!), and Leah as a 6th grader will be our only child in elementary school. It wasn't that long ago when we had three there. Time does fly, but I love the moment we are in.

God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our "Holly" is a black dog adopted from the Sioux Falls Humane Society about 4 years ago. She has been the perfect addition to our family. Glad to hear things are going well for your newest family member :-)

Barb Tazelaar