About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.

Job 38

Where were you when I created the earth?
Tell me, since you know so much!
Who decided on its size? Certainly you'll know that!
Who came up with the blueprints and measurements?
How was its foundation poured,
and who set the cornerstone,
While the morning stars sang in chorus
and all the angels shouted praise?
And who took charge of the ocean
when it gushed forth like a baby from the womb?
That was me! I wrapped it in soft clouds,
and tucked it in safely at night.

Isaiah 55:8-9
"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.

Romans 11:33-36
Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.
Is there anyone around who can explain God?
Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?
Anyone who has done him such a huge favor
that God has to ask his advice?
Everything comes from him;
Everything happens through him;
Everything ends up in him.
Always glory! Always praise!


Learning to trust, every day, in every way.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Thank you for the awesome passages! Thanks for speaking to me in such a powerful way!

Mom said...

Good reminders!!!! Thanks, to God and you.

janelle said...

Those give me peace - thanks for being God's messenger today.

Billy Coffey said...

The more I live the more I realize that far more than my dreams, my hopes, or my fears, God desires my trust.

These are among my most favorite verses of scripture. Thank you for sharing them!