About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tough weekend for a birthday




We've had a tough weekend here. It started Friday afternoon when we had our dog put down. It was sadder and harder for me than I thought it would be.
Over the last year, Muffin has been becoming more aggressive towards people who weren't our family. We just couldn't trust her anymore, with little neighborhood kids running around and potentially getting bitten. One of Hannah's friends was nipped at pretty hard last weekend, and that was the last straw that unfortunately sealed it.
It's been weird since...a couple of times on Saturday, I thought I heard her barking, so did the kids. And we've definitely become used to her heralding the arrival of visitors, because now when people knock on our door it's completely unexpected.
The kids are asking to get another dog. I don't know if we're up for that just yet. I think we'll take our time and do some careful searching for just the right animal for our family if we do choose to adopt another.
So as far as birthday weekends go, I think Peter and I would put this one towards the bottom on a scale of 1 to 10. In spite of the sadness, I wish Peter a happy birthday, and am amazed again and again at the things he's taught me. Here's a few pictures of his early childhood--see if you notice a pattern!


Climbing in the window...


Climbing on the door...



Climbing on the toilet tank....

Climbing on the high chair tray...

But who can resist those eyes?

3 comments:

janelle said...

Cute pictures!

I'm so sorry about your "pal." I don't think we ever really realize how much those furry four legs mean to us until they're not around. Sorry that you had that hanging over your birthdays. Praying God fills that emptiness for all you very soon!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday! Hope this week is better for celebrations!

Carey said...

Happy Birthday, Peter! Waaaay cute pictures!

Sorry about your dog, hon. It's amazing, isn't it? They might drive you crazy, but they're still part of the family.