About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Thankful for the weekend

I am so thankful for weekends--especially now that I'm working more hours each week. I wish this whole deal would instantly make me more organized, and an instant neat nick, but no, things pile up, and I hate it that I don't discipline myself better. On the other hand, I am definitely more about enjoying time with my family, and not hassling so much over a neat house. I personally feel better when it is orderly, but hate getting it done. Ugh. Saturday is coming, and the kids each have their assigned zones to clean. I have laundry to get caught up on (again) and should be about getting prepped to paint Hannah's bedroom. All in due time, I guess...

For now, I love Erma Bombeck's famous quote, "Cleaning house while you have kids at home is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing." I like Erma...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where I live, it is snowing. I was so excited to hear about the upcoming Winter Storm so I could stay in, catch up on some reading, blog, and spend time with my family.