About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not much, just thoughts

So, my gramma is doing some better, I think the steady care at the nursing home rather than her being on her own is doing her good. Some of her old spunk has revealed itself--that made me smile to think about.
We're "snowed in"--no church, no program--so Mark is in the process of making his famous pancakes *YUM* and we will soon be in the process of eating them. I should cook some bacon to go with them. Or I could save the bacon for Christmas morning with our coffee cake...yeah, that's what I'll do!
Our adventure of the week was the accidental death of my microwave. Apparently one should not place an ear of Indian popcorn in a printed paper sack and expect there to not be a fire. Whoops. Thankfully, I know a good appliance guy, and we were set to rights within the hour. (grin) I didn't even have to go shopping! My only decision was the color--gotta love being married to an expert.
I pray you're all having a relaxing holiday, with plenty of time to basque in the light of the world!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Hmmm...I'll keep in mind to stay away from a printed paper sack and Indian popping corn in my mircorwave...hmmmm. =) Glad you had an expert in your house and also that your Grandma is doing better.
Merry Christmas!

janelle said...

Glad to hear Grandma is doing better.

Also, what I gather from this most recent post is a lesson in how to get a new appliance... :o)Hope it has lots of bells and whistles.