About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

my thankful list

Thanks to Steph, I'm posing a challenge to all readers of this blog and I am hoping you will post the challenge on your blog and so on. I challenge you to make a list of ten blessings, or ten thanksgivings.
So here are 10 things I'm thankful for:
1. That God, my heavenly father chose me to be a part of his big family, and calls me his child.
2. That God orchestrated events in his sovereignty to bring me to love and marry Mark.
3. That love which Mark and I share has been personified in the children God is allowing us to raise.
4. That our little family is surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who also love God and are committed to serving him.
5. That God chose to allow coffee beans to be grown and harvested so I can enjoy their rich flavor in my cup every morning. (Okay, so maybe that one's a little shallow--okay a lot shallow, but I'm still thankful for coffee!)
6. That God has been and will be my provider, only he knows my every need and only he can supply them!
7. That after a 15 year "leave of absence" I am able to be back at a job that I love, and feel enriched and useful in it.
8. That there are so many wonderful foods, and that I am able to enjoy preparing them.
9. That God my great physician has seen fit to allow me a strong and healthy body (even though there are more and more aches and pains--Growing older is inevitable, growing up, optional!)
10. That God speaks to me in so many ways, his word, the Bible; through a friend's encouragement; through song; through his creation.

Your turn!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey thanks for being Thankful! - Your list is great -coffe included!

janelle said...

Miriam - what an awesome list! I'm hoping to post my list to my page either today or tomorrow! Thanks to Steph for this great idea!