About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My take on an old favorite...

Lord, you are my God. That leaves me awestruck.
When I think about you, I mean really think about you, and all that you have made--the vast universe, the stars, the thunder even--so many ways your ultimate power is manifested everywhere...and all I can do is sing to you with my whole self, from my soul.
God you are so great!
Then, on the occasions when I am able to be out in your creation, listening to the birds, the gentle bubble of a stream, or the lazy flow of a creek, and I think about all the different touches you put into it, all for your glory...all I can do is sing to you with my whole self, from my soul.
God you are so great!
Then there's times like these, when I think of all that power and might and creativity, I am completely confused as to why you would bother to send your Son to live life on this earth, perfectly, only to die with me on His mind...all I can do is sing to you with my whole self, from my soul.
God you are so great!
When you come again to fulfill your promise, what an overwhelmingly joyous day that will be! I can only imagine what I will do--bow at your feet, dance before you throne, or simply sing to you with my whole self, from my soul.
God you are so great!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Wow! What a beautiful piece of writing. Thank you for sharing your view on God's greatness.