About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mommy Guilt

Ugh--for the past 2 weeks, Hannah has had this big assignment in her Biology class. She was to go to a "native/wild/natural" area and sit and observe for a few hours then do a written project on what she found there.
Fact, we are extremely guilty of being entirely too busy with other things to allow us (her) the time to get this done.
Now it's crunch time (the assignment was due yesterday). She was going to so the observing this afternoon and get the rest of the assignment in on Monday. Problem. There is snow on the ground, and the project cannot be done with snow on the ground. Problem. She's been dragging her feet because she doesn't understand the material being covered in class lately, so is still uncertain as to what she actually needs to do.
As a parent, I cannot do the assignment for her, I know that. But I could sit with her as she did her observing, had I had the time.
So I"m praying that the snow that is here will melt off quickly so there is a chance of getting this done no later than Wednesday. Sigh. I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

janelle said...

So hard...how to help while leaving the responsibility to them. My prayers are with you on this.

Steph said...

Boy it's hard being a mom! Praying you are able to get the project done!