About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Random

So while the pizza is in the oven, I'll catch you all up on what's going on.



Biggest news, Peter got his braces put on. It was rather a shock for all of us, as the ortho's office called Tuesday morning saying they had an opening that afternoon at 1:15, and could Peter please fill it. We got that message at 12:40, returned their call at 1:05, called school at 1:06, and Peter was in the chair at 1:15, wide -eyed and a bit fearful at the thought of mom having to go back to work while he sat for the torture. Yeah, I know, bad mommy moment. So for the next 45 minutes, I tried to concentrate on my work, but my mind was in that office with my boy. Bottom line, when I got back, it was all over, and he was fine. So since Tuesday, he's been adjusting to his new look and feel. I'd post a photo, but he made me promise not to, sorry.



More news about Peter, his bed is finally finished! We hung it with lag bolts anchored into the wall and chains hung from the ceiling at about waist level, so he has a bunch of room under his bed as well as having a slight loft feel to being in his bed. He's happy. Again, I'd post a pic, but for whatever reason he's shy about that, too. Sorry again.



I have one more week of working 4 days a week, then after that, I get an extra day off. Believe me, I'm looking forward to that! Since school started, Wednesday has been my errand running/appointment making day, and with all that going on, I have no time left to give to my home! I'm looking forward to being able to have that luxury.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Good for you on the work thing. Sometimes you just need to have some time off for home. Post pictures when you are given permission! I'm interested in that bed?!