About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Leah...

The other night, we asked Leah to clean up the basement where she'd been sleeping while we'd had company. We neglected to tell her to not mess with the hide-a-bed... . So as she was trying to get the thing folded, she managed to get her wrist caught in between the bar of the bed and the frame of the couch. She's sporting a splint, because when we decided to take her in, the doctor wanted x-rays and saw a few bone chips floating around. Bad mommy moment.

Then, yesterday at a local festival, I lost track of her for about 20 minutes! I think she was embarrassed by how many people told her "Your mom is looking for you, she went that way." But I don't care. I AM thankful that the festival has a good system in place for this type of thing, but I wish I'd paid better attention to my daughter when she said, "I'm going to look down this strip..." I missed that part. I was visiting with a friend. Leah is growing up, and starting to stretch her wings of independence. When we were together again, and she informed me of her original plan, I said... "You have to make SURE I've heard you!" I'm glad she's safe.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wow - I know that panic feeling when you lose sight our our kids!