About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Digging up dirt

Literally! I decided that I wanted to expand our vegetable garden this year. We had a flower garden adjacent to it, but on Saturday, we dug those out. Sorry to all you flower lovers out there, but I no longer have peonies or lilies in my backyard. I did save a small bit of lily and moved it to a spot near my back door. The peony bush had been where it was for a L-O-N-G time! I think the roots went down about three feet! So when all this is said and done, we'll have about doubled the size of our garden (sorry, Mark--I know you do most of the weeding...) and moved the excess sod to alongside our driveway. So hopefully this will mean that I'll have lots of veggies to can and eat. I'm planning on putting in potatoes, tomatoes, a few peppers, maybe some lettuce...hmmmm...onions? I don't know!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I vote for beans!