About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Looking back, looking forward

Part of the reason I can hold on to hope, loosely some days, more tightly others, is that I can look back on similar circumstances my parents faced when I was a kid. At about this same point in his life, my dad also lost his job--it was actually the second time he'd faced unemployment. I was about the age Hannah is. As a kid, I remember being aware of the situation, but my parents were good at not holding it in my face. I do remember eating what I see now were inexpensive but satisfying meals--mom made rice with raisins which we slathered in butter and brown sugar quite often. But I loved it, so I didn't mind. I know that situation of unemployment ended almost 30 years ago with my dad first landing a temporary position at Cessna Aircraft Company that soon became a permanent position which he held and recently retired from with great honor.
So through looking back, and seeing God's faithfulness to my parents all those years ago and in the years prior and since, I can look forward to the faithfulness God is getting ready to show to my family today. Its the waiting that is difficult, the not knowing the path we'll be put on, the daily trusting the Lord's will in this and all the situations he brings into our lives.

No comments: