About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A glimpse of comfort

Here's a nugget I'd never found before. It's tucked away in the last chapter of Romans, in amongst Paul remembering who all is "with him" in the faith. It's one of those all-names chapters that I unfortunately skim over or skip to move on to the "good stuff" that's more important. But check out what I have missed all these years by doing that!
20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

What a shame! But what a joy to find this verse this day at this time when we're feeling pretty pressed down by the deceiver. The promise isn't immediate, but the promise is there, victory over these circumstances is coming. I need to hold on to Jesus' grace and trust God to do the rest. Is that easy? Nope. And some days (okay most days) I'd rather take things into my own hands. But for today, I have this verse. And because this verse is tucked within a bunch of names of people who were with Paul, I'm reminded that there are a bunch of people with me battling alongside us before the throne of grace. Thanks for doing that. Hold tight.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Very neat verse - thanks for sharing it.