About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reflecting and Reaching

This morning my pastor talked about remembering the year that's past, seeing God's hand in it. I can do that, no problem.
He then challenged us (me) to place the future in God's hands rather than worrying about it myself. I say I do that, but do I? I'm not sure. I worry about a lot of things coming down the pike--health, money, stability--am I fully putting it in God's hands, or do I keep taking it back from him when he doesn't work as fast as I think he should?
Its funny, my daughter's pet rabbit is sitting in a box in my living room right now. No cage, no lid, and the sides of the box are fairly low. He doesn't realize how easily he could hop over the edge of his box and have the run of the house. But he just sits. And he seems content to be there...would we be able to catch him again if he figured out what he really possesses? My chains are gone, too, do I act like it, or do I just sit there like they're still there?

2 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

HI Miriam!

I found your blog through CWO! Just wanted to visit and say hello!

Miriam said...

Thanks, Alicia!
Keep pressing on towards the prize..
--Miriam