About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poignant Scriptures

Psalm 143
A psalm of David.
O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.
The enemy (the junk and pressures of every day life) pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in darkness
like those long dead.
So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed. (I'm really getting sick of this, Lord, its dragging me down)
I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works (Lord, you've brought us through tough times before, I know that)
and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Selah
Answer me quickly, (I'd prefer yesterday, to be honest!) O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit. (I feel so mired down)
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.


Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
(Yes, even though I'm completely without resources)
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
(I will praise you in this storm!)

1 comment:

Steph said...

Cool Scriptures! Sometimes it feels as if it portions of the Bible were written for a specific situation that we are going through. Isn't God good that way. Continuing to lift you up!