About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Friday, September 7, 2007

My Marriage, My "Fit"

I just read this article from Family Life Today and I was struck with the blessing of what my marriage really is. In a day of being told it's all about me (and sometimes even jokingly saying so) a solid marriage is becoming harder to come by. I feel so grateful to have one, but also know that I should never take it for granted. I must work at my marriage's strength, in big ways and small ways. Respecting my husband isn't always easy to show, though I do feel a lot of it for him. I need to keep in mind that expression of my feelings is important, and supporting him through his efforts is vital. Am I simply stroking a man's ego? No, because when he feels my respect for him, I feel his love for me. The security of another person knowing how I feel and offering the support I need at just the right moment is more than priceless to me, it's as needed as the air I breathe.
So for the record, I love you Mark, and you have my undying support, whatever the Lord brings our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are hilarious! I can imagine Peter's excitement...