About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

South Shed


Dreaming, desiring, discerning...
God is calling, or is He?
The past several weeks have been interesting. Several things have led us to believe that we're to pursue planting a vineyard, and possibly begin a winery.
It's a scary thought, and we're not sure if God is behind it or not, but so many things have taken place lately, and Mark's received so much encouragement.
This morning was the clincher, I have a little flip devotional calendar that I don't keep up with faithfully. So today I flipped it from July 22 to today's date and what do I read but

In everything that [Hezekiah] undertook in the service of God's
temple...he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly.
2Chronicles 31:21
If you could work in the job of your dreams, what would it be? Start
by asking God.... When you bring God into your job-hunt, you may be surprised at how ideally his gift of work fits in your life.

So is God calling us to this? I can't say for sure, but I can tell you that after all the "signs" I told Mark this morning that I think we need to seriously look into it--acquiring land to use, money to start-up, and the direction to take. I'm praying that if this is NOT the direction we're supposed to go that a SERIOUS roadblock will be erected in the path before we head into ruin.

No comments: