About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Servant's heart and coffee




Okay, so I've been asked and have agreed to being an assistant table leader at this fall's Cursillo. Guess what my "biggest" verbalized concern is. NOT how I'll interact with the candidates, not that I'll be a good model for Jesus, not that I'll be able to keep my mouth shut long enough for them to get a word in edgewise, though I do HAVE those concerns....


No, my biggest concern is that I'm a professed "coffee snob" (CS) and there's really no place to find a decent cup of Joe around there.... Well, there was, but it was in my room (when I was on the "upstairs" team), because I made it--and shared it--but still.


Now, downstairs, I don't think I'll be seeming very servant-like if I skulk off from time to time and return with an amazing cup of coffee from some magical place that only I know about. But honestly, how's a CS supposed to SURVIVE in conditions like that?!?!?!?


What a SHAM! And what a FOOL I am to make such a big hullabaloo over such an immaterial thing. I think I can LIVE for a few days without my freshly ground, aromatic, Colombian blend that I have come to know and love every other morning of my life. I think I can get by without even MENTIONING how yuck-o I think the coffee is. And who knows, maybe God will miraculously turn the yucky coffee into amazing coffee right at the moment that it enters my mouth and I won't even know the difference. He CAN do that, you know! But somehow, I doubt He will, not because He can't, but because I need to remember why I'm there and Who I'm serving. So my time there will be a time of fasting, from coffee (at least the GOOD stuff). And remembering that it's not about me, it's about HIM.

No comments: