About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Two weeks?!?!?!



Can it really be true that in only 2 weeks my firstborn will be finished with grade school? You always hear from others how fast time goes with kids and to enjoy them every step of the way, but did I really do that? Did I truly relish every moment? Often I was impatient to be finished with "this" stage, whatever it may have been...
"I'll be so glad when she can crawl..."
"I'll be so glad when she can talk..."
"I'll be so glad when she's potty-trained..."
"I'll be so glad when..."
Now I realize that 8th grade graduation is a slippery slope to me letting her go... in four short years she'll graduate high school and be off to college (I hope college is in her future at least!) and we'll have a son and a daughter "left" at home.
It's been quite a ride so far, and really, for the most part I wouldn't trade it for the world. I pray that she continues to grow in Jesus and become all He intends her to be. She's so beautiful in so many ways. I love her.

No comments: