About Me

My photo
Pressing on, in Jesus Name.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day & me

Okay, for a while now, Mother's Day and I have had something of a love-hate relationship. It has been in the past a horrific day that drove me to tears and a fabulous day that made my heart soar. Today is somewhere in between the two. So I guess that makes it a good one. Right now my family is all off and away visiting a farm with various & sundry animals to pet and gaze at, so we'll see what their reaction is when they get home. I would have gone along, but I managed to get myself sunburned at a soccer game & a track meet yesterday, and though it would be best to give my skin a rest. Besides, a little peace & quiet is a welcome event, especially on Mother's Day!
So I'm looking forward to my "foot facial" that I received a gift certificate for today--my precious hubby is the absolute best at pampering me once in a while--and I'm relishing the peaceful breakfast in bed that the above said husband also brought me. Coffee, orange juice, and a warm bagel, I can't get much better than that! I try to delight in the simple things...and I never realized how beautiful a dandelion could be until I began to receive bunches & bunches from the sweaty little hands of my children. Their scent mixed with the sweet sweaty aroma of a little head is intoxicating! (Yes, Carey, I DO think you went a little far to "get rid" of your dandelions! LOL!)
So there's my wisdom for the day...take it or leave it...and go in peace to love & serve the Lord!

No comments: